Sunday, February 28, 2021

'Something Beautiful' Song - shared by Duffy during UK Lockdown

Duffy wrote an instagram message to Jo Whiley, who played the new song on Radio 2 on March 19th: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=861565174286694



Written By Simon Dine & Duffy Produced by Simon Dine


"Something Beautiful" You bring me something beautiful You bring me something divine, oh You bring me, bring me A new kind of wonderful Bring me it all But I, I Can't take the first steps to your love So it leaves me only dreaming Of something beautiful You show me what I want You show me, show me it all at once So show me, show me a way to fix my mistakes Show me this ain't the greatest risk I ever take Because I, I Can't take the first steps to your love So it leaves me only dreaming Of something beautiful I don't even know Why I love you so I don't even know why That I, I Can't take the first steps to your love It leaves me only dreaming Of something beautiful Beautiful


https://www.stereogum.com/2077344/duffy-something-beautiful/music/

Here’s Duffy’s full Instagram message to Jo Whiley:

Hi Jo (Whiley)

Hope you are well and keeping safe.

Wanted to send you this to play on the radio, if you want.

You may have read the words I wrote a few weeks back, I do feel freer.

Tried to follow up with a spoken interview, but it’s harder than I thought, I will follow up in writing soon.

Universal Music & no one knows I am doing this. They won’t be mad, they are lovely people.

So here’s a song … here’s “Something Beautiful”. It’s just something for you to play people on radio during these troubling times, if you like the song of course. If it lifts spirits.

I don’t plan to release it, I just thought a little something might be nice for people if they are at home, on lockdown.

Duffy x


No comments: