Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Boy First Listen - People Article

Duffy Goes Disco on 'My Boy'

Monday November 15, 2010 10:35 AM EST ,THE PEOPLE


Listen to My Boy here:


Duffy was looking for her Mr. Right when she co-wrote the title song on her second album,Endlessly, with British singer-songwriter Albert Hammond.

"I had a piece missing," the Grammy Award winning singer, 26, tells PEOPLE. "I thought, "Who am I going to have those special moments with?' I needed some arms around me."

A self-described "hopeless romantic," the Welsh-born singer-songwriter found that comfort in rugby star Michael Phillips, whom she began dating in September 2009.

"The story is yet to be finalized," she says, "but it seems like a happy ending."

And Duffy is channeling that upbeat spirit on her new album, Endlessly, due out Dec. 7, on songs like the disco soul-inspired "My Boy" (listen to it here) and the sassy dance track "Well, Well, Well," which, she says, "is about me letting my hair down and being young and mischievous."

Duffy – whose full name is Aimee Ann Duffy – is able to get away with being mischievous because, as she tells it, "people find it hard to be nasty to [my] dimples!"

No comments: