Friday, March 11, 2011

Patagonia Movie Soundtrack (OST): Listen to Desearia and Ar Lan Y Mor by Duffy


As you may know, the Soundtrack to the Patagonia Movie was recently released, complete with two new songs sung by Duffy, one in Spanish and one in Welsh.

Tracklist:

1. Desearia (Hope There's Someone) - Duffy
2. Opening Titles
3. Welcome To Patagonia
4. To Patagonia
5. Redondel (The Circle Song) - Kirsty Almeida
6. Sun to Museum
7. Road to Bed
8. Dyma gariad fel y moroedd - Bryn Terfel
9. Heroic to Missing
10. Sad Sad Feet - Cate le Bon
11. Stars to Tango
12. Mi Buenos Aires Querido - Carlos Gardel
13. Ripped to Wet
14. Tyrd Ir Ogof - Meic Stevens
15. Duerme Negrito - Kirsty Almeida
16. Rain to Underwater
17. Grave to Cholila
18. Ar Lan Y Mor - Duffy
19. Patagonia

Thanks to all involved (DM especially) who have made these songs, the Welsh and Spanish lyrics and English translations available to the Duffy fans around the world. Here they are:

Desearia (Spanish adaptation of "Hope There's Someone" by Anthony and the Johnsons)


Spanish Lyrics:
Desearía que cuidaras de mí
si me voy, si muero.
La esperanza nunca la perdí,
ni el valor del consuelo.
Si me cuentas, mi amor, dime siempre la verdad.
Libre es el corazón
y tan dulce de verdad.
Desearía saber que estás aquí,
no sentirme abandonada.
Tengo miedo de estar en el lugar
entre la luz y la nada.
Si me cuentas, mi amor, dime siempre la verdad.
Libre es el corazón
y tan dulce la verdad.
Desearía sentirme junto a ti
descansar mi cabeza.
En la vida eres todo para mí,
la alegría y la tristeza.
Desearía que cuidaras de mí,
si me voy, si me muero.
Qué alegría, me haces tan felíz.
Qué alegría, yo te quiero.

Original English Lyrics to "Hope There's Someone":

Hope there's someone
Who'll take care of me
When I die, will I go
Hope there's someone
Who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired
There's a ghost on the horizon
When I go to bed
How can I fall asleep at night
How will I rest my head
Oh I'm scared of the middle place
Between light and nowhere
I don't want to be the one
Left in there, left in there
There's a man on the horizon
Wish that I'd go to bed
If I fall to his feet tonight
Will allow rest my head
So here's hoping I will not drown
Or paralyze in light
And godsend I don't want to go
To the seal's watershed
Hope there's someone
Who'll take care of me
When I die, Will I go
Hope there's someone
Who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired


Ar Lan Y Môr



Welsh Lyrics:
Ar lan y môr mae rhosys cochion
Ar lan y môr mae lilis gwynion
Ar lan y môr mae 'nghariad inne
Yn cysgu'r nos a chodi'r bore.


Ar lan y môr mae carreg wastad
Lle bum yn siarad gair âm cariad
O ddeutu hon fe dyf y lili
Ac ambell sprig o rosmari.


Ar lan y mor mae tawod melyn
Ar lan y mor mae ton ac ewin
Ar lan y mor mae hen atgofion
sydd o hyd yn torri nghalon

Ar lan y mor mae cri’r wylan
Ar lan y mor mae mam a'i baban
Ar lan y mor ymhell o Gymru
Mae na un y rwyf ei garu

English Translation:
By the sea shore there are red roses
By the sea shore there are white lilies
By the sea shore my love and I
Sleep the night and rise at daybreak

By the sea shore there's a flat stone
where we spoke about love
around it grow the lilies
and a few sprigs of rosemary

By the sea shore there is yellow sand
By the sea shore there are waves and foam
By the sea shore there are old memories
that still break my heart

By the sea shore the cry of the seagull
By the sea shore there's a mother and her baby
By the sea shore far from Wales
there's someone who I love

























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved this movie, great tunes sung by Duffy