Sunday, May 4, 2008

04 May: "Duffy's troublesome teens"

The below article appeared today here and here.

Duffy's troublesome teens

Duffy used to drink and smoke when she was a teenager.

The British singing sensation, who spent her later teenage years living in the Welsh seaside village of Nefyn with her father John Duffy, admits she spent her youth swigging cider and kissing boys.

The 23-year-old star said: "All I could do on weekends was drink cider, smoke cigarettes and get into trouble - so I think I got all that out of my system. I made all my mistakes with boys then, so I think the only way is up."

Duffy - who recently topped both the UK singles and album charts with her track 'Mercy' and debut LP 'Rockferry' - has previously admitted to being a maneater in her teens.

The singer was a member of several different bands at the same time, and admits she dated numerous boys from each group.

She said: "I was such a terror. When you're young and you're female and you have a band, you have, like five boyfriends in every band. But I'd have about five bands going on and each band wouldn't know about the other." International

No comments: