Saturday, February 14, 2009

14 Feb: Maybe a bunch of Duffydils would cheer them up

This from here (and various other places) today.

ADELE & DUFFY SAD AND LONELY ON VALENTINE'S DAY


British Grammy winners ADELE and DUFFY have discovered music awards don't count when it comes to celebrating St. Valentine's - they'll both be single and sad on the romantic day.
Both singers admit they're not fans of Cupid's Day - because they've spent it without a date for so many years, and it looks like 2009 will be another loveless day for the pair.
Adele says, "I don’t like Valentine’s Day. Well, I don’t like Valentine’s Day if I’m single, but if things sort themselves out by the 14th, then who knows."
And Welsh singer Duffy, who won a Best Pop Vocal Album prize at the Grammys on Sunday (08Feb09), has a bizarre Valentine's Day planned - with a bunch of gay men.
She explains, "I am playing Heaven, it’s a gay club in London. So I’m playing this concept with all these beautiful men who are all unfortunately not really into me in a romantic sense. But here’s hoping."
Duffy admits, like her friend Adele, she's no fan of the most romantic day of the year: "It never worked for me."

No comments: