Wednesday, November 26, 2008

26 Nov: Duffy: 'I haven't hit the big time yet'

Digital Spy have the below article today:

Duffy: 'I haven't hit the big time yet'


Duffy has admitted that she still sees herself as a novice in the music industry, despite achieving international success in recent months.

The Welsh soul singer has become an international star since making her debut with Rockferry and its hit singles 'Mercy' and 'Warwick Avenue' earlier this year.

"People talk to me as if I've hit the big time, like I'm Neil Diamond or someone," Duffy told Take 5 magazine. "It's funny. It's only been this year. I hope I can carry on doing my music but I'm still finding out what it's all about."

Asked about her future ambitions, she replied: "I would be thrilled to be invited to do a Bond theme. I really don't feel the need to rush into things though. Maybe a Welsh language record one day too."

The star recently vowed to raise her game after walking away empty-handed at the MTV Europe Music Awards.

No comments: