Friday, October 31, 2008

Error message when loading my blog in IE

I didn't notice this error (because I use firefox) but I had a couple of people contact me and say there was an error preventing you from reading my blog when using Internet Explorer.

I've googled and I think this is a bug in IE. This link says it is... I don't know much about coding (hence my blog is a standard blogger template) but I had a skim through the scripty bits on my template but couldn't find anything like is described on that website.

Plus I don't know why it suddenly is causing this error - why would it work OK before but not now? I haven't changed my blog in any way (as I said, I am not a coder). Someone said they got the error with some other websites too so I don't know what's going on.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I am aware of it although I can't see any way to fix it for you IE users.
I recommend using Firefox 3 instead. I have used Firefox for years. It is free, easy and had tabs way before IE even thought about it. There are some other great browsers out there such as K-Meleon and Opera, but if you are concerned about compatibility then Firefox is the most popular browser in the blogger community and it works with everything (videos, youtube, imeem, plus ebay's new selling page - you get wizziwig and everything).

No comments: