Sunday, March 9, 2008

9 Mar: Duffy reunited with twin sister

The below little article was in the Sunday Mirror. Photo is of Duffy with the reporter Zoe.

Duffy reunited with twin sister


Duffy has reunited with her twin sister Katy - after leaving her at 15 to pursue her music career.

The brilliant Welsh singer, who will notch up the No1 single and album today, has moved Katy into her flat in London to help her cope with all the pressures of fame.

The girls grew apart when Duffy decided to live with her dad.

Her parents had separated when she was just 10 and Duffy moved with her Mum, twin Katy and her older sister Kelly to a new home. But life was tough. When we met after a gig at London's Bush Hall she told me: "We were living with four stepbrothers and sisters and an uncle.

"After a few years I decided I needed to find my own path in life and moved out - leaving all my friends, my sisters and my mum behind."

But she said: "You don't make that sort of decision without knowing what you want to do with your life."

Now Duffy's steely determination has paid off - and she surely deserves her success more than most.

No comments: